The position of a server is an important role that requires the very standards necessary to ensure a satisfactory customer experience are complied with. A server may be required to work their shift at a number of outposts on company property, this may include scheduled shifts at the clubhouse, halfway house or beer cart. A server is reportable to the Owner, Food and beverage manager, Front house manager, Bartender, Chef and other Sous Chefs. Duties will mostly include taking food and drink orders and writing them down and processing the order to the kitchen, while ensuring that patrons are served to company standards and that all payments are collected accurately. A successful server will need to have a positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with bussers, cooks and other staff. Previous work experience involving customer service in a fast-paced environment is greatly desired.
- Maintains a neat and professional dress code in accordance to company policy.
- Arrives 15 minutes prior to shift and clocks in promptly.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately, efficiently and with a positive attitude.
- Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff. This includes conveying any applicable allergies, modifications or dietary considerations along with inputted orders. This may require the server to speak directly to the Chef.
- Maintain knowledge of all current menus, relevant product knowledge and the ability to make suggestions.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Ensure patrons are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Maintains constant attention to details
- Assist other service and food preparation staff when necessary.
- Prepare accurate checks that itemize total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Able to handle monetary transactions accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Ensure tables are promptly cleaned and reset as per company standards.
- Ensure spotless polishing of all glassware and flatware.
- Maintains cleanliness of all workspaces. Clears, sorts and maintains areas of empty bottle storage
- Check and maintain stock of regularly used items in their workspace, dining room, beer cart or halfway house.
- Promptly clocks out at shifts’ end or when duties are completed for shift.
- Maintains contracted schedule availability and submits availability per company policy when required to Food and Beverage Manager or Front House management.
Apply for this Job